Sunday, 29 August 2010

Autumn

I can't believe that it's almost 2 months since I last wrote something. The weeks seem to fly by and you can't really re-call anything exciting that you've done.
We did have a great week in Glasgow in July. Although the weather in the rest of the country was awful we had a lovely few days, so we visited the Botanic Gardens, Kelvingrove Art Gallery/Museum and the famous Necropolis!  They even have Dr Who in Glasgow! 



We managed to catch up with some good friends of my daughter while we were there and spent a wonderful evening reminiscing!! Thanks to Helen and Gavin for some great company. The holiday was also a delayed birthday celebration as well - not too sure if I want to celebrate any more - but I say that every year - and you know what? they keep coming round again!
 I have a fab birthday present to look forward to as well - a day course on 'Cup Cakes' at Slattery's school in Manchester. I have to wait until March but it will soon be here.
I think I'm glad that the summer may be over - Autumn is gorgeous and my favourite season of the year. The mornings smell different now and even if it rains we don't seem to bother - it's only when it's supposed to be summer that we moan. After saying that, there is now lovely sunshine after a huge deluge this morning!

 I'm beginning to think of projects to take on for the darker nights - went to a mill outlet the other weekend and bought several pieces of fabric - now all I have to do is decide what to make with them!

1 comment:

  1. Hello Una
    So nice of you to leave me a comment! Yes, I believe we must be kindred spirits....
    I admit I find it hard to post sometimes, but I do try to once a week, though I follow another blogger who has just celebrated a year and she has over 200 posts!
    A comment left for me last week has asked me to show what I do with my finds - and I realise I post the 'shopping list' but that's the bit I'm shy about! (Anyone who knows me will fall over at the thought of me being shy!) But I'll try and pluck up the courage.
    Come back anytime, you'll be very welcome. I've all ready added you to my list of blogs I visit.
    Very best wishes
    Rose H

    ReplyDelete