Wednesday, 9 June 2010

Rain again

After a week of glorious sunshine we're back to the rain again! Why can't we have more than a few days at a time to enjoy the great outdoors? My good friend Wendy is in Helsinki this week and even they are having sunshine - but she is supposed to be working though...
Having nothing exciting to blog about this week I thought I would go around the house and take some pictures of things that I like to have around me - soppy I know, but it keeps me happy. See them on the side bar. And this is the patchwork cushion that I made a little while ago, sitting splendidly on my favourite rocking chair.
It's called a '9 patch' cushion and you can clearly see why - stitch together 9 patches of same-size squares and edge with a plain border - the back of the cushion is one piece of patterned or plain fabric. The buttons and ribbons were just added as embellishment. It would have looked better quilted but I was eager to see it finished - next time maybe.

No comments:

Post a Comment